About Dspace OAI in Vufind 2.0

Andy Tang

Demian,

From the webpage of https://vufind.org/wiki/indexing:dspace, it said “These instructions were written for VuFind 1.x; VuFind 2.x includes a DSpace example in the standard distribution, so most of the steps below are unnecessary in newer releases”.

I have Vufind 2.0 in redhat linux server. However, I did not find a Dspace example in any folder. In the folder /usr/local/vufind2/harvest, I just find oai.ini file. Could you tell me the folder location Dspace example? Do I have to configure and create  all oai.ini, dspace.properties, dspace.xsl, and DspaceRecord.php file step by step like you do in Vufind 1.x?

Thanks a lot!

Andy Tang
Systems/Electronic Resources Librarian
Randolph C. Watson Library
Kilgore College
1100 Broadway
Kilgore, TX 75662
Telephone:  (903) 983-8240
Fax:  (903) 983-8638
Email: [hidden email]

Re: About Dspace OAI in Vufind 2.0

Demian Katz

Andy,

Here are the files referenced by the wiki:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/import/dspace.properties

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/import/xsl/dspace.xsl

You'll need to set up your own custom oai.ini file to point at your DSpace server, and for that, the reference in the VuFind wiki should be helpful for adding the block to your own oai.ini file (you can copy $VUFIND_HOME/harvest/oai.ini to $VUFIND_LOCAL_DIR/harvest/oai.ini if you need to establish a new configuration for harvesting). You can also copy the two files referenced above from $VUFIND_HOME/import to $VUFIND_LOCAL_DIR/import if you wish to create local custom versions.

When using the provided example import files, the standard SolrDefault record driver will be used for handling the data. If you need to establish DSpace-specific customizations, you will need to build a custom record driver. You can find some more information about this here:

https://vufind.org/wiki/development:plugins:record_drivers

I'm also happy to elaborate on any details you need help with if anything remains unclear!

- Demian

Re: About Dspace OAI in Vufind 2.0

Andy Tang

Demian,

I appreciate your help so much!

I modify the file oai.ini as below.

[DSpace]

url=http://library.kilgore.edu:8081/oai/request

metadataPrefix=oai_dc

idSearch[]="/^oai:library.kilgore.edu:8081:/"

idReplace[]="ir-"

idSearch[]="/\//"

idReplace[]="-"

injectDate="datestamp"

injectId="identifier"

dateGranularity=auto

harvestedIdLog=harvest.log

dspace.propeties is modified as below.

[General]

xslt = dspace.xsl

custom_class[] = VuFind

[Parameters]

institution = "Library"

collection = "DSpace"

dspace.xsl is using the file from github link you provided.

I enabled OAI harvesting on dspace 3.1 in redhat linux.

However, after I run the command

#cd $VUFIND_HOME/harvest

#php harvest_oai.php

It has some error as below.

Processing DSpace...

Autodetecting date granularity... found YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ.

OAI-PMH error -- code: noRecordsMatch, value: No matches for the query

Could you help me to see whether I miss some configuration or stuck in some place?

BTW: I attached the screen shot of error and my dspace oai web display. I also attached out Dspace resource list page(http://library.kilgore.edu:8081/jspui/browse?type=title).

Any help is appreciated!

[...]

22.png (22K) Download Attachment
23.png (86K) Download Attachment
24.png (326K) Download Attachment

Re: About Dspace OAI in Vufind 2.0

P. S. Mukhopadhyay
Dear Andy

Have you populated the table with imported data? We use this command in DSpace for importing first.

sudo /dspace/bin/dspace oai import -c

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Andy Tang <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India